James Bond Essay
We'll look at the Act 2 questions during class
Art: draw 2 faces following the instructions on this webpage: http://www.wikihow.com/Draw-a-Face it's a lot like the other website, but also a little different, so you'll get some different ideas on how to do this.
STUDY QUESTIONS FOR OTHELLO
Act I, Scene1
11. In Act I, scene 1 why does Iago say he hates Othello? What are all the charges he makes against the general?
12. Why does Roderigo hate Othello?
13. Why is the speech by Iago, lines 38 - 62, important in …show more content…
Act II, Scene 2
50. In II, 2, lines 12 -- 29, what is Iago trying to get Cassio to do? Why?
51. How does Iago's personality change from the way he's behaved in the past? Why the change?
52. What is unattractive about Cassio's behavior as a drunk?
53. How does Iago manipulate the gentlemen of Cyprus to object to Cassio's behavior?
54. Look at II, 2, lines 177 -- 182. Why did Iago use those particular words?
55. What new aspect of Othello's personality do we see in II, 2, lines 201 -- 215?
56. Describe how Iago, while apparently defending his friend Cassio actually encourages Othello to take action against him? (II, 2, lines 218 -- 244)
57. Explain why Cassio reacts as he does at II, 2, lines 260 -- 263?
58. Explain why Iago's advice at II, 2, 264 -- 325 is a perfectly natural response?
59. In Iago's explanation of his revenge plot at II, 2, lines 333-- 359 are there any new motives for his behavior?
Act III, Scene 3
60. Is Desdemona's statement at III, 3, lines 20 -- 27 surprising? How will it affect the outcome of the play?
61. Why does Desdemona push so hard for Cassio to get his job back?
62. Explain the passage at III, 1, lines 75 -- 85. In what way are Othello and his wife operating at crossed purposes?
63. How does Iago manipulate Othello in the passage from line 93 -- 123?